St Luke’s CE First School Vision and Values
At St Luke’s CE First School we are all God’s children; we learn to care and we care to learn.
The Parable of the Lost Sheep (Luke 15: 3-7) - Jesus came to save those who are lost and will never give up on them. God knows about each one of us and he cares for us all, just as the shepherd cares for the sheep. He has made us all different. God knows every part of us and loves us just like we are. We should aim to be like Jesus by caring for each other.
We do this through;
- Being respectful, caring and trusting
- Showing kindness and compassion
- Having high expectations of ourselves and others
- Embracing challenge
- Learning to communicate effectively and disagree well
- Developing the knowledge and skills to make good progress in learning
- Being well prepared for the future
- Taking responsibility for our actions and words
- Taking responsibility for our communities
- Recognising the value of good physical and mental health
- Being ambitious and wanting to be the best version of ourselves
- Being engaged and motivated to learn
- Demonstrating our Christian values
Underpinning our vision is our Christian values of; trust, forgiveness, humility, hope, justice and resilience.